Blastin' and Castin' in the Texas Outdoors

We havea lot of good times, the road was a drug when we started way back, our wheels rolled on steady, now its forgetting the race to find an open space and leaving that city far behind We’ll be up in the morning before the sun, since anything beats working on the job and everyone knows the early worm gets the fish. The world is your oyster, let the high times carry the low, walk where the sun is shining, lay your burdens down and think to yourself that it sure feels good feeling good again.


Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Had a bit of 'Chris Luck' too


Got a buggun last night, out at Farmer Joes #1. Caleb and I took off to go take a lookie see what the pigs were up to and found this dude. Caleb spotted him working his way through the field towards a tree line we were walking. I gave Caleb the go and he took the offhand shot as the pig came into the clearing at about 170-180yds out and I followed up (but I didn’t need to). The clearing was about 10ft wide and made for some quick shooting. Piggy crossed the tree line and went about 10-12 yds and piled up. . Two good lung shots. This dude was in good condition and a heavy boy, estimated weight of 270-280#. This adds to the nice 100lber we got last week so we are gearing up for the grind.

2 Comments:

Blogger brian said...

Nice hog. Seems like he is one of the bigger ones to have his picture taken and posted on this site.

I wish I had a photo like that for my office. It would be a great conversation starter.

5:35 AM  
Blogger Watts said...

My, My, My. What short memory we have. refer to the BaC posting on and about 2/1/09 through 3/1/09.

You can always take this one and tell everyone it is you. Also, if you were to come to TX, I'm sure we could make a photo like this with you in it with very little effort.

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.bactexas.com
Site
Meter <