Blastin' and Castin' in the Texas Outdoors

We havea lot of good times, the road was a drug when we started way back, our wheels rolled on steady, now its forgetting the race to find an open space and leaving that city far behind We’ll be up in the morning before the sun, since anything beats working on the job and everyone knows the early worm gets the fish. The world is your oyster, let the high times carry the low, walk where the sun is shining, lay your burdens down and think to yourself that it sure feels good feeling good again.


Saturday, August 01, 2009

Join the Republic

Well everyone, I believe it is time that we considered having a mascot tequila to go along with the mascot beer (Natty light) that is in nearly every one of our pictures on this page (Well, Ok, the Blood Brothers' pictures anyway). Soon enough, we will be able to take a good bottle of tequila with us on all our expeditions (everyone except Chris. Chris, you can stick to the whiskey). Republic Tequila is hitting the shelves within the next couple of weeks. I'll let you know when it is and where it is. The people behind the making of this beverage stand for everything that is good and decent in Texas. My Mom's cousin, Tom Nall (you might have seen him associated with 2 Alarm Chili), has been working over the past years to find the best tequila that there is.



Tom's the one in the middle just in case you were looking at something else.

Well.....He found what he was looking for. I was recently in Luckenbach, to help drink as much of it as I could, and let me tell you, "It's mighty fine"


So, be looking for it in the next week or two. Also for those who don't like straight tequila, look in the cold section of your store for the mixes. I personally recommend the Jalapeno Lime flavor.



7 Comments:

Blogger Watts said...

OK, I'm hearing that it has hit the shelves, but it's not staying there long. Go ask for it at all the liquor stores you can find. If they don't have it, ask them to order you a case or three.

8:39 AM  
Blogger ~z said...

I want an irag sponsor

6:48 AM  
Blogger Watts said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Watts said...

what's an irag sponsor?

8:28 AM  
Blogger Watts said...

Scratch that last question. I figured it out by my own self.

At first I thought Apple had come out with some new kind of sanitary napkin. Then I wondered exactly what happened to you that you needed a sponsor. WOW I just couldn't imagine what was going on.

By the way, the Tequila is out and is being picked off the shelves almost as fast as it arrives. Would someone PLEASE get me some bottles of it? I want one of each.

8:42 AM  
Blogger ~z said...

1st, Uhhh...yuck.
2nd you know if I buy tequla there is a good chance I may drink some of it, moreover you know if I drink some of it bad things will happen. So I'm out of the equation, that is to say I am on niether side of the =, so best of luck.
Besides I'm an irag man now.

10:39 AM  
Blogger brian said...

I figured there must be a good reason why Tequila never seems to make an appearance on this blog. I just don't think I've heard the story yet.

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.bactexas.com
Site
Meter <