Blastin' and Castin' in the Texas Outdoors

We havea lot of good times, the road was a drug when we started way back, our wheels rolled on steady, now its forgetting the race to find an open space and leaving that city far behind We’ll be up in the morning before the sun, since anything beats working on the job and everyone knows the early worm gets the fish. The world is your oyster, let the high times carry the low, walk where the sun is shining, lay your burdens down and think to yourself that it sure feels good feeling good again.


Monday, November 16, 2009

Easy Limit: 11-15-2009

I had a bit of Chris luck today. On the water at 8:00am and had a full limit by 8:10am.

Dungeness crab season opened last weekend but that also coincided with 20' swell so this weekend was the real opener. I was paddling out of the harbor with my crab traps on deck when I came across a large boat that was sorting its catch. Turns out that the crew of three had four limits and they would rather give away crab than release them. I tossed my gunny sack to them and they filled it up with big Dungies.

6 Comments:

Blogger steven-hoffman said...

So what did you do with all the time you intended to spend catch'in crabs?

3:29 AM  
Blogger ~z said...

How is that 'Chris luck'? Are you implying that I typically mooch off of crab boat captains? I’m surprised you didn’t just power through the 20 footers in your own true and salty idiom.
Good catch…er find.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Watts said...

very nice. Chris, anything that is out of the ordinary, and just a little bit ridiculous is considered "Chris Luck"

7:55 PM  
Blogger ~z said...

Good to know, I wasn’t aware that I was named after a certain kind of luck.

5:42 PM  
Blogger brian said...

I celebrated my good Chris luck with a big breakfast and beers. Then I watched football while I boiled crabs. It was excellent but I wished I had someone to share with.

I did go kayaking in the big swell last weekend. I took my surf boat out and caught a few waves that scared the hell out of me. I will never view the warm and tranquil gulf waters the same way.

My lengthy definition of Chris luck: "When you manage to have an epic hunting/fishing trip despite a complete lack of planning and foresight. It usually involves questionable decisions that benefit Chris but would normally cause pain and suffering on most other human beings under similar circumstances."

5:29 AM  
Blogger ~z said...

You call it a ‘complete lack of planning and foresight’

I call it ‘being extremely adaptable and traveling light’

I’ll grant you questionable decisions part, can get a bit silly at times

I have developed a high threshold for pain as it comes with the territory

However, I have epic hunting/fishing trips because that’s how I roll

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.bactexas.com
Site
Meter <