Blastin' and Castin' in the Texas Outdoors

We havea lot of good times, the road was a drug when we started way back, our wheels rolled on steady, now its forgetting the race to find an open space and leaving that city far behind We’ll be up in the morning before the sun, since anything beats working on the job and everyone knows the early worm gets the fish. The world is your oyster, let the high times carry the low, walk where the sun is shining, lay your burdens down and think to yourself that it sure feels good feeling good again.


Sunday, January 20, 2008

A Proposition

My next birthday, occurring in early february is a nice round multiple of ten, and as such I have landed a really sweet present.

My wife would like to fund my portion of an off-shore fishing trip.

I would like to invite all my friends to share the day with me.

The actual date of said trip is totally open, I haven't even started looking until I have some sort of guess at how many people are interested. I would like to think that I had enough friend to fill a line tangler but that isn't the way things work.

Who is interested and when should we schedule the day

5 Comments:

Blogger brian said...

Steve,

You know I would be there if it wasn't for the CA thing. I'll make it up to you by flying in for a surf fishing trip this summer.

7:02 AM  
Blogger ~z said...

I'm open. What type of fishes are you wanting to seek out?

5:48 PM  
Blogger steven-hoffman said...

I traded email with some captains and read some reports and I decided that since I don't want to spend the whole trip attempting to pull snapper off the bottom that It would be best to put the hall pass in the bank until april or may when we can chase some fish that would be more fun

9:45 PM  
Blogger brian said...

Why don't we all meet up in San Diego and go out on one of the long range tuna boats. They have trips from 18 days to a week. The boats come back with Tuna over 200 and 300 lbs.

2:49 PM  
Blogger steven-hoffman said...

What kind of cash does it take to go on that type of trip?

P.S. I don't think I could arrange for 18 days off in row

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.bactexas.com
Site
Meter <