Blastin' and Castin' in the Texas Outdoors

We havea lot of good times, the road was a drug when we started way back, our wheels rolled on steady, now its forgetting the race to find an open space and leaving that city far behind We’ll be up in the morning before the sun, since anything beats working on the job and everyone knows the early worm gets the fish. The world is your oyster, let the high times carry the low, walk where the sun is shining, lay your burdens down and think to yourself that it sure feels good feeling good again.


Friday, October 12, 2007

checking in

Somebody post something for me to read! I am surrounded by salt water and I don't have a fishing rod or kayak. All of my gear is sitting in a warehouse until we can find permanent housing. I also don't have a clue what to fish for or how to catch it. I have resorted to buying books about fishing. :-(

4 Comments:

Blogger steven-hoffman said...

When I was under the influence that I would have an opportunity to fish in San Francisco I plaed to
fish for striped bass in the bay my initial research indicated it should work alot like redfish in the bay.

Try not to dissappear, good to hear from you

1:18 AM  
Blogger ~z said...

Sorry it took me so long to get in on this one, I was fishing. Mouth of the Colorado, it was sort of a tourist-ish trip, non-4wd anyway. However, I did manage to hang 7 bull sharks between 50 and 69 inches. Full story and pics will be up soonish. I need Mr. Dixon to send me an email, no good in a story with no pictures. Good luck learning the new fish habitat.

Steve, you try not to dissappear either.

9:59 PM  
Blogger WOODY said...

Who is this steve guy? He kinda sounds like he would be a cool guy to hang out with. Reminds me of another Steve we all used to know. God bless his soul. Anyway, Ive done absolutely no fishing, but have spent my every waking, non-working moment in the woods. Have seen lots of little bastard deers, and a few does, along with one decent 8-point at ~10 yrds. But not enough to shoot opening morning. Im hunting with my new long bow, so as soon as I slip an arrow through something Ill post.

Happy Killing Season All!!!!

2:53 PM  
Blogger brian said...

Steve, There are some interesting fishing opportunities in San Fran bay - Stripers and Sturgeon. I am going to conduct research until I am reunited with my fishing rod and kayak.

Z - sweet trip. Can't wait to see the pictures. Tell T.P.Dixon to get the pictures posted!

Woody - looking forward to the pictures of dead animals. Happy hunting.

2:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.bactexas.com
Site
Meter <