Blastin' and Castin' in the Texas Outdoors

We havea lot of good times, the road was a drug when we started way back, our wheels rolled on steady, now its forgetting the race to find an open space and leaving that city far behind We’ll be up in the morning before the sun, since anything beats working on the job and everyone knows the early worm gets the fish. The world is your oyster, let the high times carry the low, walk where the sun is shining, lay your burdens down and think to yourself that it sure feels good feeling good again.


Saturday, November 24, 2007

CA pics

Guys,
The movers finally delivered my kayak, fishing gear and guns. I could care less about the other crap. I haven't been out yet but I do have some pictures from my scouting trips.


The first picture is pretty representative of the coastline around San Fran. There are many small sandy coves surrounded by steep cliffs. Unfortunately the second sign is also representative of the CA coastline. Most of these beaches are gated and are only open from 8am to dusk. I was encouraged to see someone surf fishing from a cliff in Santa Cruz.

Here I am with a rented surfing kayak preparing for my first trip into the pacific ocean. I am wearing a farmer john wetsuit and a waterproof top. You still get wet with these clothes but you stay warm.

4 Comments:

Blogger steven-hoffman said...

No Vehicles, No Pets, No guns, No Fires...

I thought it was a beach

2:40 AM  
Blogger ~z said...

Yea, whats up with that? How does one go about fishing without a truck, fire, and a gun?

3:09 PM  
Blogger ~z said...

Additionally, I have a buddy in the Santa Cruz/ San Jose area. Not much of a fisher-feller but if you need help drinking...Lingo is your boy.

10:14 PM  
Blogger ~z said...

One more thing...that pic of you on the beach, are you holding a starbucks coffee? Please tell me they have not gotten you already!

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.bactexas.com
Site
Meter <