Blastin' and Castin' in the Texas Outdoors

We havea lot of good times, the road was a drug when we started way back, our wheels rolled on steady, now its forgetting the race to find an open space and leaving that city far behind We’ll be up in the morning before the sun, since anything beats working on the job and everyone knows the early worm gets the fish. The world is your oyster, let the high times carry the low, walk where the sun is shining, lay your burdens down and think to yourself that it sure feels good feeling good again.


Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Anybody out there?

Just wondering if I was the only one who goes outside and does stuff. I'd hate to think we need to change the name of this page to "Changin' diapers and Doin' the Dishes in the Texas Indoors". I think Woody shot a deer, but I got no pictures and no good story to go with it. Brian has HAD to get a line wet by now. These things need to be shared...bastards.

5 Comments:

Blogger brian said...

Way to call people out, Chris! It was way overdue.

I am still awaiting the receipt of my kayak and fishing gear. I have been conducting recon missions on the weekends. I will post pictures when I resume possession of the cable that connects my digicam to my pc. I did rent a surfing kayak and entered the pacific ocean. I got dumped on my head several times but I can't wait to try again.

My brother Ed finally killed a turkey on the hosken family compound in central VA. I was hoping that he would post a story and pics but I guess he hasn't finished with the dishes and bedtime stories yet.

3:39 PM  
Blogger ~z said...

Excellent...glad to know other folks still go outside from time to time. I went out to E. TX with Mr. Dixon where he splashed the ghost out of a squirrel in true JFK style. I dodnt even pull a trigger. Just got back from W. TX with Alan, Woody, and Blanton for a bit of turkey killing our own selfs. Story to follow. Lookin forward to some left-coast stories.

4:04 PM  
Blogger brian said...

JFK style - did he shoot it in the back of the head as it was running away from him? Where are the pics of that!

I will post some left coast reports as soon as I get my stuff back.

3:14 AM  
Blogger ~z said...

Well, not exactly. But there was about a 3-4 ft diam blood spatter and the brain set on a leaf about 6 inch from the critter. No camera on hand, we considered running back to camp to get one.

Hows the new job treating you?

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.bactexas.com
Site
Meter <