Blastin' and Castin' in the Texas Outdoors

We havea lot of good times, the road was a drug when we started way back, our wheels rolled on steady, now its forgetting the race to find an open space and leaving that city far behind We’ll be up in the morning before the sun, since anything beats working on the job and everyone knows the early worm gets the fish. The world is your oyster, let the high times carry the low, walk where the sun is shining, lay your burdens down and think to yourself that it sure feels good feeling good again.


Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Uvalde Area

I got to Go with a friend from College Station to the Uvalde Area. Since my camera was disfunctional we were able to cause the demise of 4 whitetails over the weekend. I was allowed to shoot only ladies but the bucks in that part of the world grow antlers of amazing proportion. I sent a lot of the meat to Snook to be made into Summer Sausage

2 Comments:

Blogger ~z said...

Are you not aware you have some friends in the sausage industry? See post below for clarification.
I think this crew needs more detail in this post. ‘Causing the demise of 4 whitetails over the weekend’ just don’t cut it, Jack!

Details! Fill us in! This had to be your first deer hunt since we left Dr. K’s place out half way to Snook House.

1:02 PM  
Blogger steven-hoffman said...

I am aware of Sausage Fest, these deer died after sausage fest 2010, and I did not want to wait for sausage fest 2011. Further, I have link sausage in my freezer and I had a serious hankering for summer sausage. I have never had venison summer sausage that I found to be better than that made by the folks in Snook.

I sat in 4 different blinds over my four sessions on the 27,000 acre ranch. There were deer with what I thought were crazy big racks all over the place that I wasn't allowed to shoot. By the end of the weekend seeing an eight point with a spread outside his ears was totally ho-hum. "Heck, that one wouldn't even score 150" It is a little awe inspiring to visit a place where the 'cull bucks' would easily be the biggest deer you have ever shot.
Not a whole lot of other interesting details on the hunt I suspect nearly anyone could hit a 100lb doe with a .270 when they are 30yrds and 80yrds away and you have a solid rest. Both shots resulted in instantaneous flopping on the ground and a big puddle of red stuff.

Once we returned to camp I had to fend off a gentleman who kindly asked if I would like him to clean my deer. Also of note the owner of the ranch doesn't pick up and eat feral hogs since he got Brucellosis from one in Florida and had to be on antibiotics for six months.

This was my first legitimate deer hunt since I lived in Gause, not Dr. K's, since Normangee and was a hogs only hunting opportunity.

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.bactexas.com
Site
Meter <