Blastin' and Castin' in the Texas Outdoors

We havea lot of good times, the road was a drug when we started way back, our wheels rolled on steady, now its forgetting the race to find an open space and leaving that city far behind We’ll be up in the morning before the sun, since anything beats working on the job and everyone knows the early worm gets the fish. The world is your oyster, let the high times carry the low, walk where the sun is shining, lay your burdens down and think to yourself that it sure feels good feeling good again.


Monday, June 26, 2006

All Gravy...No Meat



Dang it looked promising…I believe the gulf owes us some fish. We did our part, I’m not certain why this didn’t work, I’d hate to do the math on what the next salty fish costs by the pound. I think we are looking at some $60 whiting.

10 Comments:

Blogger brian said...

Bummer.

As flat as the gulf is in your picture I'm surprised to see it so sandy. Was there any kind of current or tidal change? Were you able to soak baits?

12:18 PM  
Blogger steven-hoffman said...

I would characterize this trip with two words:

1. mosquitos
2. Sea Weed

I had fun camping but the fishing sucked.

Saturday night/sunday morning the tide was high about midnight or so. By 5 am it was way out. Sunday morning we waded out through the weed to the second bar from there we could keep baits out while wade fishing but there was zero action.

As I drove out I saw a porpoise in the first gut.

I am ready to try the rifle again it can't be any worse than this fishing trip was

12:49 PM  
Blogger ~z said...

I'm game on the rifle idea, I'd be game from July 10 till whenever. I think we should plan a Padre/Madre trip for August. Any takers?

12:37 PM  
Blogger WOODY said...

Im looking forward to both rifling and padre just keep me informed, and try not to schedule it around august 11

1:21 PM  
Blogger steven-hoffman said...

End of July is tricky due to anniversary

2:16 PM  
Blogger ~z said...

just tell her thats what you want for the anniversary, a good fishin trip. Or the weekend of Aug 5&6 shows a full(ish) moon and the 26&27 show as newish moon. If we are gonna plan a long-hauler, based on weekend tripping, this far out, I'd plan based on the moon (greatest tidal activity)and let the weather be damned. Comments?

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps we should base our trip on major and minor feeds; again this typically coincides with the 2 days pre and post full moon or new moon. I am down for any salty event, keep me posted...I have a wedding July 15 and 22, but am willing to divert my efforts into a trip...keep me in the know, cheers. -tpd

2:52 PM  
Blogger WOODY said...

YEAH IM GAME WEEKEND BEFORE OR AFTER AUGUST 11,12,13 THATS THE BOYS 1ST COMING ALIVE PARTY AND I WILL NOT MISS IT. IN FACT IT SHOULD BE A GOOD OCCASION TO HAVE YOU FELLAS UP FOR SOME BEERS AND CAKE

3:44 PM  
Blogger steven-hoffman said...

is tpdixon tom?

4:06 PM  
Blogger ~z said...

yes, so from now on, no throwing stuff back.

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.bactexas.com
Site
Meter <