Blastin' and Castin' in the Texas Outdoors

We havea lot of good times, the road was a drug when we started way back, our wheels rolled on steady, now its forgetting the race to find an open space and leaving that city far behind We’ll be up in the morning before the sun, since anything beats working on the job and everyone knows the early worm gets the fish. The world is your oyster, let the high times carry the low, walk where the sun is shining, lay your burdens down and think to yourself that it sure feels good feeling good again.


Monday, June 19, 2006

The Gulf of Mexico beckons

Weather permiting I intend to go to the beach this weekend and do my best to catch a fish.
Not sure yet if I am going to try to leave friday night or Saturday morning but we'll see.

Anyone else interested.

5 Comments:

Blogger ~z said...

Woody, who never types anything, claims to be headed that way on Thursday, with one (non-Chucklehead) extra. I am planning on doing a bit of the ole interoffice recon and get some sort of an idea as to the prospects and locales but at the moment feel sorta Freeportish. I’m planning a noonish blastoff on Friday. I think we should do a hit and run type of trip, that is to say fish it pretty hard and if one spot aint producing, bail. I need some fishes in my freezer and the only way to achieve that is to catch more than one can eat in the two days after returning home from the coast. That is my goal.

12:56 PM  
Blogger brian said...

I'm not sure about fishing this weekend. I have been out of town for the last two weekends. Any chance of putting the beach trip off by a week or two?

Don't forget I have your abu garcia.

12:56 PM  
Blogger brian said...

Disregard my first post, I see that the trip is already ON! I might be able to sneak out for a day trip.

12:58 PM  
Blogger steven-hoffman said...

Rainy week,

maybe we should try to avoid the river mouths.

I haven't fished Surfside in a long time. I guess we could try it but I remember always seeing other people when we were there. Also, if there isn't bait in the surf there isn't bait at Surfside beach.
I think about halfway to three quarters down sargent beach would be good.

Yes, brian I remember that you have my back-up rod.

1:11 PM  
Blogger ~z said...

looks like we are all typing this morning, how about a conference call?

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.bactexas.com
Site
Meter <