Blastin' and Castin' in the Texas Outdoors

We havea lot of good times, the road was a drug when we started way back, our wheels rolled on steady, now its forgetting the race to find an open space and leaving that city far behind We’ll be up in the morning before the sun, since anything beats working on the job and everyone knows the early worm gets the fish. The world is your oyster, let the high times carry the low, walk where the sun is shining, lay your burdens down and think to yourself that it sure feels good feeling good again.


Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Monday in Normangee

I went out on Monday around dusk to Normangee, Got there, checked on the empty trap in the front and then drove to the Caney Creek forest. Here there were tons of pig signs, real fresh. We walked through the forest following signs but couldn't find any pigs, on the way back just as we approached a brushy corner I heard faint grunting coming towards us. I took the forty four and told Steve todd to be ready with the .270.

A single piglet, the approximate size of a football came around the corner, I placed my thumb on the hammer in anticipation of the rest of the herd but it never materialized. The piglet took its time finding a spot in a thicket to hide and we waited. Nothing, I stomped through the thicket hoping to kick it and make it squeal calling in the big pigs but I couldn't find him again.

Later talked to rancher and he said he drove over Caney creek about 10 minutes before I got there and he saw a bunch of pigs

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

all moon phases for 2006

http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/MoonPhase.html#y2006

11:27 AM  
Blogger ~z said...

Thats how it works, carry a .22 and see the bigguns, tote the hog leg and you start seeing the ground squirel pork, I'm surprised you didnt blast him out of principle. I guess if you are waiting on the remainders to show, makes sense.

12:55 PM  
Blogger steven-hoffman said...

I had the gun up and ready to blow something up. I was imagining a grand ambush...44 magnum from approx. 7 yards away, even I would have a hard time missing.

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.bactexas.com
Site
Meter <