Blastin' and Castin' in the Texas Outdoors

We havea lot of good times, the road was a drug when we started way back, our wheels rolled on steady, now its forgetting the race to find an open space and leaving that city far behind We’ll be up in the morning before the sun, since anything beats working on the job and everyone knows the early worm gets the fish. The world is your oyster, let the high times carry the low, walk where the sun is shining, lay your burdens down and think to yourself that it sure feels good feeling good again.


Friday, February 24, 2006

140grain projectiles for 270 winchester

Trying out some new bullets:

I got a box of 140grain Boat tailed - Jacketed Hollowpoint bullets for the .270.

Loaded some up with a range of charges of H4831 but I am not very impressed, I can't get a group under two inches at 100yrds. Strangely distribution of the groups was kind of linear in nature for several of the groups. In these groups the hole in the target were nearly in a horizontal line. Does this type of pattern indicate human error?


I need to get some different powder, any favorites for my caliber.



On the upside though, these do seem to really be some thumpers. I was guessing they would be based on the increased impact on my shoulder.

My assumptions were upheld by the examination fo the big fat hole one blasted into a tree. Much more wicked that the 90gr Hollow point.

3 Comments:

Blogger steven-hoffman said...

the 140 grain boat tailed Jacketed hollowpoint bullets by Sierra stock number 1835. I went in to buy some matchkings but Burdett didn't have them and I wanted to play now not after 3to5 days for shippings so I bought 'em.

1:37 PM  
Blogger steven-hoffman said...

what maker is 3031 from?

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

IMR3031
~z

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.bactexas.com
Site
Meter <