Blastin' and Castin' in the Texas Outdoors

We havea lot of good times, the road was a drug when we started way back, our wheels rolled on steady, now its forgetting the race to find an open space and leaving that city far behind We’ll be up in the morning before the sun, since anything beats working on the job and everyone knows the early worm gets the fish. The world is your oyster, let the high times carry the low, walk where the sun is shining, lay your burdens down and think to yourself that it sure feels good feeling good again.


Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Hog traps set, pigs in Gause

To recapitulate:

Jeff and I went to Normangee and set all three traps, the trip wire mechanism on your trap is screwed up...Door is propped open with a short stick now. While I was stuck at home being a responsible father this weekend some other jerk came onto my personally hog hunting spot and shot at least 2 hogs this weekend. Bad part is they wasted the meat, just left the body's laying in the pasture where they had been shot. Tauntingly, Both buzzard piles were within 70 yards of your trap.

All three traps appear to be in fairly good locations, they are fully baited in a non-jewish manner and this week there is a full moon on thursday... Maybe they will come through with some easter ham.


Drove to Gause, parked and looked real close at the bottom pasture when Jeff's radar picked up pig noises behind us and to the left. we crested the hill and saw a pack of pigs on main ranch and commenced to stalking, they were right at the edge of a big thicket so I laid down to cover them while Jeff snuck in around to the left...A good plan I thought since the last time we were sighting in the guns he wasn't exactly on target yet when we were interrupted

I scoped up a fattie and was waiting looking for Jeff occasionally with my off eye, I couldn't find him so I took my head off the scope and looked left for Jeff just in time to see him shoot.

I said "crap!!!" and got back in the scope but all I saw was brush.

Unfortuneately Jeff's shot was a miss...we looked around the brush but could hear them off in their swampy safe haven off the property to the east

3 Comments:

Blogger ~z said...

edited for "clairity"

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gaterboys Air-Lite Aluminum Hog Traps have no mechanical latch to fail.Go to www.gaterboy.com for more info.

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for an idea, you sparked at thought from a angle I hadn’t given thoguht to yet. Now lets see if I can do something with it.

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.bactexas.com
Site
Meter <