Blastin' and Castin' in the Texas Outdoors

We havea lot of good times, the road was a drug when we started way back, our wheels rolled on steady, now its forgetting the race to find an open space and leaving that city far behind We’ll be up in the morning before the sun, since anything beats working on the job and everyone knows the early worm gets the fish. The world is your oyster, let the high times carry the low, walk where the sun is shining, lay your burdens down and think to yourself that it sure feels good feeling good again.


Monday, April 10, 2006

21-23 April Game Plan

Who is in, who is out, who has a suggestion for location, who is bringin what, etc. This is the place for forcasting and suggesting. I guess we will all be watching the weather, moon, and misc reports, but I'm setting on about half a chubby just thinking about it.

7 Comments:

Blogger steven-hoffman said...

all moon phases for 2006

http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/MoonPhase.html#y2006


Navy says we will have 3/4 of a moon.

1:53 PM  
Blogger ~z said...

cant argue with the Navy, well, it is not wise to argue with the Navy. Aint you supposed to be hunting? Dont forget the cooker.

2:06 PM  
Blogger steven-hoffman said...

As Brian H. mentioned to me when I first started plotting a fishing trip in late april the likelyhood of a seaweed invasion is high.

We should make our destination somewhere with access to either a bay or a river or something of the sort.

This of course has me thinking the same thing we always dream about:

Two words: Laguna Madre

4:09 PM  
Blogger ~z said...

I can think of no good reason not to head south. If not, I vote river mouth, strongly.

6:19 PM  
Blogger steven-hoffman said...

reasons why not:

none of us are very familiar with fishy spots there (granted this could be a positive since we would get to do some exploring but anyway)

More Miles to get there...more $$$ in fuel and less time fishing for the weekend as a whole.

7:37 PM  
Blogger ~z said...

South end of Quintana? I have never fished the mouth of the Brazos from the other(south) side and dont know the access point, but I can look on a map. I'm in favor of a river mouth.

8:37 PM  
Blogger brian said...

South end of Quintana is Bryan beach. I have never had much luck there but it is supposedly a good fishing spot. There would be a lot of people there because it is so close to houston.

If we drive the length of matagorda beach (~23 miles or so) we will hit caney creek. This spot has a cut, bay and surf access. I haven't been there in years so I don't know what it currently looks like. I believe there is a fair amount of off-shore boat traffic through that cut.

The bolivar peninsula produces lots of bull reds and bull sharks. I can't think of any bay access or river mouths though. We could be completely shut down by weed.

There is always sargent...

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.bactexas.com
Site
Meter <