Blastin' and Castin' in the Texas Outdoors

We havea lot of good times, the road was a drug when we started way back, our wheels rolled on steady, now its forgetting the race to find an open space and leaving that city far behind We’ll be up in the morning before the sun, since anything beats working on the job and everyone knows the early worm gets the fish. The world is your oyster, let the high times carry the low, walk where the sun is shining, lay your burdens down and think to yourself that it sure feels good feeling good again.


Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Captain Bubba Simms's Colorado River outpost

Last time Brian and I went to Matagorda we fished on the river under lights all night. This location is still available for friday night the 21st for a cost of $100.00 it is booked already for Saturday night

Bubba said the fishing hasn't been all that good under the lights recently but I imagine it is still better than not under the lights.

8 Comments:

Blogger ~z said...

I think that would be a good start. What does he mean by not too good? Any thing more than that? Not too good like my fishing today is not been too good. How much room is there? Bank or peer...

6:30 PM  
Blogger brian said...

We paid $200 in mid february. I guess the price is reduced when the fishing is not as productive. It is a fairly wide bank 6 people can fish easy.

Not a bad idea though. I am thinking about skipping my work function.

7:44 PM  
Blogger ~z said...

attaboy Brian, I imagine we might have some beer too.

8:21 PM  
Blogger brian said...

I will be down friday night with one of my friends. I am skipping the work function with free beer so I guess I will drink Chris' beer.

If you want to reserve bubba's place that is fine with me.

12:51 PM  
Blogger steven-hoffman said...

I likewise will leave friday afternoon.

I am leaving it up to those of you who are considering a thursday blastoff to determine if you want to rent some lights.

The contingent from BCS is shrinking looks like just me right now...

4:22 PM  
Blogger ~z said...

By "rent some lights", do you mean...4,000 watts of diesel generated illumination sitting 25 ft above my rapidly
diminishing bottle of whiskey (30 ft above the sand)on a quarter moon night...7 and
one half acre of surf light up like Christmas at the Grizwald’s...

or going down to Uncle Wiggles bank fishing guide service?

5:40 PM  
Blogger brian said...

I wouldn't want to trailer those big lights all the way down matagorda beach.

They might be nice to have at the mouth of caney creek but it is a gamble. Could be a waste of money.

8:34 PM  
Blogger steven-hoffman said...

I meant uncle wiggles bank fishing guide service

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.bactexas.com
Site
Meter <