Blastin' and Castin' in the Texas Outdoors

We havea lot of good times, the road was a drug when we started way back, our wheels rolled on steady, now its forgetting the race to find an open space and leaving that city far behind We’ll be up in the morning before the sun, since anything beats working on the job and everyone knows the early worm gets the fish. The world is your oyster, let the high times carry the low, walk where the sun is shining, lay your burdens down and think to yourself that it sure feels good feeling good again.


Sunday, January 02, 2005

Deep Sea Fishing in Florida - We Call 'em Cobia Here!

We did catch a single Ling, but he was a bit small and had to go back. We got to keep a whole lot of tasty grouper though and had a great time. I know this isn't Texas guys, but thought the photos were worth postin' anyhow. Hopefully, I'll have a few more of the giant loggerhead I had to reel in when I find the cable to my damn camera.

Florida Deep Sea Fishing Charters - Stray Dog Charters

4 Comments:

Blogger brian said...

Those were some tasty looking grouper. I bet they are a lot better than the shitty snapper we caught. In case you can't tell I wasn't very impressed with the snapper. It was ok but all the snapper I thawed out tasted fishy.

6:40 PM  
Blogger steven-hoffman said...

well, they were fish....


Really though, I had a bunch of the snapper and I thought it was very good, not fishy at all. I used mine pretty rapidly since I kept getting complimented on it when I cooked it with lemon and pepper or a pecan crust. I think snapper is generally a good fish to prepare for someone that doesn't know if they really like seafood.

did you freeze it together with another type of fish?

1:51 PM  
Blogger brian said...

I meant to say that the snapper I ate fresh was good. The stuff I froze was all a little fishy and some pieces more than others.

I took the skin off the fillets then I soaked them in cold water. I changed the water a couple of times until most of the blood was gone. The last thing I did was vacuum seal the fillets 2 or 3 to a bag. That is pretty much how I treat all of my fish.

Lets book a trip for AJ & Ling this year.

6:26 PM  
Blogger steven-hoffman said...

I don't trust the vacuum sealer with my fish, I feel it works great on red meat but for fish I still use the bag full o'water trick. I found that the vacuum sealer I use left too much air in when dealing with fish, especially those that still had their scales.

I would really love to catch some AJ and ling but I will not have much time and furthermore, I cannot envision any way that I could afford it, my baby is due at the beginning of march.

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.bactexas.com
Site
Meter <