Blastin' and Castin' in the Texas Outdoors

We havea lot of good times, the road was a drug when we started way back, our wheels rolled on steady, now its forgetting the race to find an open space and leaving that city far behind We’ll be up in the morning before the sun, since anything beats working on the job and everyone knows the early worm gets the fish. The world is your oyster, let the high times carry the low, walk where the sun is shining, lay your burdens down and think to yourself that it sure feels good feeling good again.


Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Pulled off another with moments to spare

Waiting on someone to have a baby can take a lot out of a man. We are currently overdue, I tried everything I could think of to get the ball rolling, and ‘surprise fireworks’ did absolutely no good. At 4 days overdue I took Scooter out to a Billy Joe Shaver show to see if we could honky-tonk the baby out of her but even "THE WORD" (Thunderbird for those not in the know) couldn’t jar a baby loose. Finally I threw up my hands and told Scooter if she wasn’t having a baby I was going huntin to try to spur on the labour. I managed to put this one on the ground before the contractions fired up.
As you can see I'm watching the clock these days!

3 Comments:

Blogger Watts said...

I'm amazed that "surprise fireworks" didn't result in you getting your nose pushed to the back of your skull.

good on you for taking another pig.

Congratulations on being a dad!!!

9:00 AM  
Blogger brian said...

Hey Chris!

Congrats! Boy or Girl?

3:45 AM  
Blogger ~z said...

girl, it was a nice little sow that went about 120#.

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.bactexas.com
Site
Meter <