Blastin' and Castin' in the Texas Outdoors

We havea lot of good times, the road was a drug when we started way back, our wheels rolled on steady, now its forgetting the race to find an open space and leaving that city far behind We’ll be up in the morning before the sun, since anything beats working on the job and everyone knows the early worm gets the fish. The world is your oyster, let the high times carry the low, walk where the sun is shining, lay your burdens down and think to yourself that it sure feels good feeling good again.


Monday, June 23, 2008


I caught this vermilion rock fish on Saturday. It was not a big specimen but he was dinner for two. I seasoned it will dill and lemon and cooked it whole on the smoker. I also flavored it with a chunk of almond wood. I was very pleased with the results.





I used my GPS to hit a spot on my fishing map. It was called a hump but I didn't notice and structure from 60' up in the water column. I changed my lure to a 3oz bucktail jig so that I could hit bottom. I caught the fish on the second drop but nothing more. I fished for about 45 minutes and then made the 2 mile paddle back to the beach where Michelle was hanging out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Watts said...

when are you going to do it the easy way with a hook and piece of natural bait?

you'll catch more than one, and there aren't any hard heads there to piss you off.

That is a nice fish by the way. No way would I have paddled 2 miles. I probably would have given up just outside the breakers.

7:45 PM  
Blogger ~z said...

Good to see you have been puttin the yack to use. Have you targeted any of the big toothy critters yet? It would be difficult for me not to shoot baby a seal and hide that thing down in the cubby hole of your yack and paddle out. Or did you have to hand over your .357 as part of your citizenship? You can still use a club, cant you?

12:20 PM  
Blogger steven-hoffman said...

test comment

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.bactexas.com
Site
Meter <