Blastin' and Castin' in the Texas Outdoors

We havea lot of good times, the road was a drug when we started way back, our wheels rolled on steady, now its forgetting the race to find an open space and leaving that city far behind We’ll be up in the morning before the sun, since anything beats working on the job and everyone knows the early worm gets the fish. The world is your oyster, let the high times carry the low, walk where the sun is shining, lay your burdens down and think to yourself that it sure feels good feeling good again.


Thursday, December 29, 2005

Carbon build up? Prep for next BURN-OUT

Hey, when are we gonna have another adventure? I'm booked up this weekend, I got trapping to do and me and Scoots got a plan to go hike Palo Duro on sat. (not the whole thing). Next weekend I have a hunt with some yahoo down in Abilene. But I'm gonna work on setting something up for the first weekend of the "Light Goose Conservation Order" aka Red Skies. (Jan 30-Mar 26). Gonna go buy a goose tape for the caller and ALOT OF SHELLS. Looking at the calender, 30 Jan is a monday, so I'll probably look more at Feb 3,4,&5. Hopefully by then I may be able to get the Canyon pork in to high gear. If I can get yall out there, you will love it. I'm sorta worried about Jan 16, (MLK Day) generally I spend that day shooting turtles on a pond, but no pond and no turtles round here...maybe dirt pond and prairie turtles will fill the bill. Let me know iffin and who are interested.

Technical Data:
1. The use of electronic calls shall be legal.
2. Unplugged shotguns holding more than 3 shells will be legal.
3. There shall be no daily or possession limits.
4. Shooting hours will be one-half hour before sunrise untill one half-hour after sunset.
5. LIGHT GEESE shall include Snow (including blue) and Ross' geese.

Data taken DIRECTLY from 2005-2006 Texas Waterfowl Digest page 22,
Woody, you can look it up, I am not trying to get you thrown in jail again.

3 Comments:

Blogger steven-hoffman said...

I have a ton of things to finish at work in the Month of January, February 3-5 is very near my birthday. All I can say right now is I want to but don't know if I can.

I am guessing we could have some decoys and some sort of blind. If we don't have any better set up than the impromptu geese shooting we did while the pheasants watched I don't think I can hit any. The whiteys seem to fly too high for 3 inch shotgun shells with Steel BB's

4:29 PM  
Blogger brian said...

I need to acrue some vacation time. Working for the man sucks!

2:52 AM  
Blogger steven-hoffman said...

Brian,

which 'man' is it that you are now employed by?

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.bactexas.com
Site
Meter <