Blastin' and Castin' in the Texas Outdoors

We havea lot of good times, the road was a drug when we started way back, our wheels rolled on steady, now its forgetting the race to find an open space and leaving that city far behind We’ll be up in the morning before the sun, since anything beats working on the job and everyone knows the early worm gets the fish. The world is your oyster, let the high times carry the low, walk where the sun is shining, lay your burdens down and think to yourself that it sure feels good feeling good again.


Thursday, July 28, 2005

Round here, we call this....Monday


Well there I was, not necessarly in fear for my life, but it would make for a better story if I was.

This is "evidence" of my current bestest doings with the ole trusty dosey-dose. I use the " both before and after the evidence word because you have to believe the rest of the story for this to be "evidence". But if you are willing to believe that I placed a single .22 through the noggins of this pair o' p-dogs from a distance of 327 steps (approx 265 yds) then I submit this picture as "evidence". Your Honor, the defense rests.

The gun has garnered bigger and tastier bits of flesh but never at this range and fightin the Amarillo wind. It makes me think that the rifle knows alot more about shootin than I do.

2 Comments:

Blogger brian said...

That is some impressive shooting, Chris. I feel sorry for the prairie dogs around Amarillo.

PS. that little red & black button just forward of the trigger guard should be pushed in when your not aiming at something. It prevents accidental boom-booms.

8:22 PM  
Blogger steven-hoffman said...

I'll buy it,

I have seen many such improbable happenings in the past. And that little gun(deucey-deuce?) is as lethal a rimfire as has ever been made.

I don't think that little red button has ever been pushed

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.bactexas.com
Site
Meter <