Blastin' and Castin' in the Texas Outdoors

We havea lot of good times, the road was a drug when we started way back, our wheels rolled on steady, now its forgetting the race to find an open space and leaving that city far behind We’ll be up in the morning before the sun, since anything beats working on the job and everyone knows the early worm gets the fish. The world is your oyster, let the high times carry the low, walk where the sun is shining, lay your burdens down and think to yourself that it sure feels good feeling good again.


Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Gettin sentimental

I was sittin round the gun room last night just having a beer and relaxin after about an hour of serious pistoleerin and I came to an amazing realization. Its not the pretty figuring in the stock but the story behind the scratch that makes a gun a heirloom. Remember your huntin stories boys, some day someone will want to hear em. Embelish all you want but remember, no one looses his audience faster than a hunter that never misses.

1 Comments:

Blogger steven-hoffman said...

I think that this forum might be useful to help us remember our good times when we get old and codgery. I keep saying to myself that I am going to Copy and Paste all of this BAC - Texas to a word processor and print it for posterity sake.

If I ever do such a thing should I edit out all the nonn-story portions or leave the blog intact?


P.S. I guess I will never lose my audience, I miss quite frequently.

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.bactexas.com
Site
Meter <