Blastin' and Castin' in the Texas Outdoors

We havea lot of good times, the road was a drug when we started way back, our wheels rolled on steady, now its forgetting the race to find an open space and leaving that city far behind We’ll be up in the morning before the sun, since anything beats working on the job and everyone knows the early worm gets the fish. The world is your oyster, let the high times carry the low, walk where the sun is shining, lay your burdens down and think to yourself that it sure feels good feeling good again.


Thursday, September 01, 2005

A good mornin

Well, well, well, it looks like I may be leading the pack at present. This morning I was out with the sunrise. Had myself a little flatlands safari. And, as usual, I missed the first five. I soon got er figured out, had a small sip of truck whiskey, and settled down. From there, I went 10 for 10. The death toll stands at 5 dove, 3 misc birds who had that look in their eye like they were about to start depredating some crops. (And that is a community service, I’ll be writing off 3 shells on my taxes as a charitable donation.) Then 2 “moon cricket quail” then I missed another dove but spanked a biggole jack rabbit on my way back to the truck. I breasted out my birds, bagged em and pitched them fellers in the fridge to be joined by some of their brethrens this evening. Washed my hands and made it into work by ten past 9. So far, its been a good day.

3 Comments:

Blogger steven-hoffman said...

Just goes to show that a little bit of amber goodness can improve anything.

Still knowing how you run a shotgun I can't hardly believe the 10 for 10 statement unless the birds were so thick that even I couldn't miss

10:39 AM  
Blogger WOODY said...

WELL HAD JUST A LITTLE BIT O FUN WITH THE BIRDS THIS WEEKEND. DIDNT LIMIT BUT PUT 10 BIRDS IN THE FRIDGE. NOT THE BEST SHOOTIN IVE EVER DONE, WITH THAT MANY BIRDS AND 32 EMPTY HULLS BUT HELL IM NOT CONCERNED. THE COUNT INCLUDED 7 WW AND 3 MOURNINGS. COULD HAVE SHOT A THOUSAND OR SO KILDEES BUT THE WARDER FELLA WOULDNT HAVE LIKED IT. I HEAR THEY MAKE GREAT PRACTICE THOUGH. TILL NEXT TIME

1:43 PM  
Blogger WOODY said...

THAT SHOULD READ WARDEN FELLA

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.bactexas.com
Site
Meter <