Blastin' and Castin' in the Texas Outdoors

We havea lot of good times, the road was a drug when we started way back, our wheels rolled on steady, now its forgetting the race to find an open space and leaving that city far behind We’ll be up in the morning before the sun, since anything beats working on the job and everyone knows the early worm gets the fish. The world is your oyster, let the high times carry the low, walk where the sun is shining, lay your burdens down and think to yourself that it sure feels good feeling good again.


Tuesday, August 30, 2005

P-Dog Camp??

I just got access to about 1/2 a hundred, 000 acres in extreme south eastern Colorado. The quary...Critters. Mainly prairie dogs, millions of em, seriously. My plan is to throw out the open invite, I'd kinda like to get enough for a good game of bones to go on, but more would be OK too. All it would cost is gas, booze, food, and bullets. Any takers? The date is wide open, but it would probably be most productive before they stary to hibernate. Think of it as some damn good sightin in time before deer season.

3 Comments:

Blogger steven-hoffman said...

how many hours drive?

During Bow Season or in September?

1:43 PM  
Blogger steven-hoffman said...

What about birds, when are we allowed to shoot ringnecks, I heard you see them up there.

I might even consider a weekend dove blasting (wasting box after box of shot shells).

Call me crazy but if I am going to go all out and make a trip I would like there to be some chance of freezer filler.

1:03 PM  
Blogger steven-hoffman said...

I don't exactly hate prairie dogs but thats not to say that if I come up there for birds that I would be opposed to shooting some prairie rats.

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.bactexas.com
Site
Meter <