Blastin' and Castin' in the Texas Outdoors

We havea lot of good times, the road was a drug when we started way back, our wheels rolled on steady, now its forgetting the race to find an open space and leaving that city far behind We’ll be up in the morning before the sun, since anything beats working on the job and everyone knows the early worm gets the fish. The world is your oyster, let the high times carry the low, walk where the sun is shining, lay your burdens down and think to yourself that it sure feels good feeling good again.


Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Beach party weekend

See what can happen when you put down the bottle and fish. We ended up with three slot reds on saturday (22, 25, & 27"). I also caught two flounder in the cut on sunday morning. I had a really good time. I hope we can do it again soon.

For more pictures "click here"

4 Comments:

Blogger steven-hoffman said...

I know you were using a soft plastic shad with a jig head for the flounder but what bait did the slot reds hit?

5:54 PM  
Blogger steven-hoffman said...

admittedly,

Friday night may not have been our finest fishing effort ever. However, Saturday I worked it hard nearly all day but I lost moral when we ran out of bait.

I believe I should have used some smaller baits in the cut or gone to the surf with what I had but hindsight is 20/20

5:57 PM  
Blogger brian said...

The first two reds ate chopped mullet which was really not very fresh. The last red went for a live mullet. The live baits died right after that and I got no more hits on dead finger mullet.

9:50 PM  
Blogger brian said...

My camera was full of sand and not functioning properly but I got one picture of Alan dry heaving. Click on the link above to see more pictures on my web site.

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.bactexas.com
Site
Meter <