Blastin' and Castin' in the Texas Outdoors

We havea lot of good times, the road was a drug when we started way back, our wheels rolled on steady, now its forgetting the race to find an open space and leaving that city far behind We’ll be up in the morning before the sun, since anything beats working on the job and everyone knows the early worm gets the fish. The world is your oyster, let the high times carry the low, walk where the sun is shining, lay your burdens down and think to yourself that it sure feels good feeling good again.


Monday, February 07, 2005

I visited the Gun Show this weekend

Did anyone else go see what was for sale this weekend. Maybe due to superbowl it was very small event. Many fewer venders than normal.

I looked at some semi-autos at the gun show on sunday. But I was mostly daydreaming because just can't go spending that kind of money right now.

AK47: $350
SKS : $159
I didn't see many american semi-autos, one AR-15 for $900
Lots of really long AK/SKS magazines for sale

I was VERY tempted by a .44 Magnum Ruger carbine one guy had for sale at $200. It was built on the same short frame as the Ruger 10/22 but it had a tubular magazine that you loaded from the bottom like a shotgun instead of the 10/22 box magazine. It seems that a carbine version of the .44 Mag would be much more accurately shootable than the revolver and every bit as fun.

5 Comments:

Blogger steven-hoffman said...

Web research reveals:

The Ruger carbine was pretty old. They haven't made the ruger carbine with the tube magazine like that for a long, long time. Now they make what they call a deerfield with a four shot, rotary box magazine just like the .22

The gun at the show if it was in good working condition was quite a bargain, it seems to be selling for about $500 elsewhere.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Steve,

I would of gone with you Sunday to the gun show. I thought you didn't want to tempt yourself? Sounds like you excercised restraint. :) The last time the gun show was in town it seemed smaller that previous visits. I was told at the last one that if I wanted a cheap AK-47 or SKS I needed to go the a Houston gun show.

An SKS for $159. I might of jumped at that. I figured they could be had cheaper, but where?

Sunday I went to Academy and got some "swamp boots" for $25. They were 50% off, and insulated with Thinsulate 400. Seemed like a good deal. They still had about 10 pair in normal sizes.

4:15 PM  
Blogger steven-hoffman said...

I didn't go until very near the end of the show on Sunday afternoon.

I had been working on Honey-do's all morning and my wife said that I should go just for the entertainment value. It was sort of spontaneous so I didn't bother calling anyone.

7:26 PM  
Blogger steven-hoffman said...

I didn't go until very near the end of the show on Sunday afternoon.

I had been working on Honey-do's all morning and my wife said that I should go just for the entertainment value. It was sort of spontaneous so I didn't bother calling anyone.

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd have been there but I curruntly live in Amarillo

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.bactexas.com
Site
Meter <