Blastin' and Castin' in the Texas Outdoors

We havea lot of good times, the road was a drug when we started way back, our wheels rolled on steady, now its forgetting the race to find an open space and leaving that city far behind We’ll be up in the morning before the sun, since anything beats working on the job and everyone knows the early worm gets the fish. The world is your oyster, let the high times carry the low, walk where the sun is shining, lay your burdens down and think to yourself that it sure feels good feeling good again.


Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Major Renovations

The Texas Outdoors resident web genius has suggested that we could make this site really blow up if we moved it off of blogspot and got our own little corner of the internet.

From Todd:

Look for a good domain name here:http://www.nameboy.com/somethin' like txwildlife.comor bctexas.com (blast and cast texas;)Make it something cool that you could have a good logo if need be.Find one and I will buy it and host it.

I think it would be great to have a larger audience and to better share what we have created here. However, the true purpose of this site is to allow us to communicate and right now I think everyone pretty much has this one figured out.

The question of pose is this: Would ya'll like to change the URL and the system to allow us to ultimately make this a better experience for everyone.

What features would be helpful in the new site?

What is a good domain name?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this blog the way it is, there is stuff here I don't necessarily want to share with the world

5:09 PM  
Blogger brian said...

I keep up with a few fishing message boards. They always start off really well and then they usually go to hell.

I like this format. I don't think you should change things unless we outgrow it.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Todd said...

The format wouldn't really be any different. The site would essentially look the same (at least for the time being), it would just have a different web address, and more flexibility on the back end of things.

Names?

4:37 PM  
Blogger steven-hoffman said...

txoutdoors.net is available,

Perhaps I could maintain this here on the blogspot and just feed content to the new site. That would allow a level of editorial control for the public site and would let have a place to share amongst our friends.

5:12 PM  
Blogger Todd said...

My registrar is giving away free .info domains, so I registered texasoutdoors.info

I can probably get some other ones if necessary.

The site will be in the EXACT same format, just have a different name. I'd just like to be able to see the back end statistics, and work via ftp (blah, blah, tech stuff).

Perhaps eventually, a message board could be added, but I like the format the way it is too.

Can we call this to a vote for a name?

txoutdoors.net
texasoutdoors.info
bctexas.com (gets my vote since it could have a cool logo, and is easy to remember)
txwildlife.info
ummm....any others someone would like to add?

2:24 PM  
Blogger brian said...

I think TexasOutdoors or TXoutdoors would be a good name.

I think there should be a section for links. Maybe a place to upload pictures. I would also like lots and lots of popups. Hook us up Todd! I know you know how.

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.bactexas.com
Site
Meter <