Blastin' and Castin' in the Texas Outdoors

We havea lot of good times, the road was a drug when we started way back, our wheels rolled on steady, now its forgetting the race to find an open space and leaving that city far behind We’ll be up in the morning before the sun, since anything beats working on the job and everyone knows the early worm gets the fish. The world is your oyster, let the high times carry the low, walk where the sun is shining, lay your burdens down and think to yourself that it sure feels good feeling good again.


Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Freeport 1-31






Total kill 12 Kings, 6 A. Jacks, 3 Grouper

6 Comments:

Blogger Watts said...

Well, it's good to see that it is not actually a Chris and Alan page after all.

I've never caught a grouper. I was beginning to think that they didn't actually exist.

Nice snatch.

5:51 PM  
Blogger steven-hoffman said...

Aren't Amberjacks a ton of Fun to catch. The fight as if when they lose, the consolation prize is an all expenses paid trip to a hot grill

7:24 PM  
Blogger ~z said...

Aint it nice when you have a page to put stuff on? Nice meat haul, I cant wait to hear the story friday. Good AJs you got there and congrads on the new species, I gots to get me one of those!

1:56 PM  
Blogger ~z said...

Looking at the pics, I realized I dont recognize 2 of the folks. Figure one is the Capn and being as the other feller matches him pretty good I assume it was the deck hand. So heres the question: What the heck did you need a deck hand for? Couldnt you boys bait your own hooks or was he just there to shag beers out of the cooler for you?

5:59 PM  
Blogger brian said...

Nice AJs! I've never seen a grouper come aboard on any of the charters I've been on. Did you guys go way out?

Wait till you seen what I've been catching in CA. Try not to be jealous.

4:24 AM  
Blogger WOODY said...

Chris the two guys on the edges are the ones I assume youre talking of, the big one is my boss and the little one is a buddy of Jonesies little brother.

Brian we was about 80 out when we hooked the grouper. actually caught them ripping jigs up hard for the AJ's.

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.bactexas.com
Site
Meter <