Blastin' and Castin' in the Texas Outdoors

We havea lot of good times, the road was a drug when we started way back, our wheels rolled on steady, now its forgetting the race to find an open space and leaving that city far behind We’ll be up in the morning before the sun, since anything beats working on the job and everyone knows the early worm gets the fish. The world is your oyster, let the high times carry the low, walk where the sun is shining, lay your burdens down and think to yourself that it sure feels good feeling good again.


Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Tom Dixon says: "time to fish bitches!"

I don't know how to post a main message; anyone have interest in a Matty trip or something similar? I need sand in my crack badly...my kayak has no salt water on it...have't caught any salty species since November.Please post this on a main message...Hope all is well with everyone.

15 Comments:

Blogger brian said...

Yeah bitches, lets go fishing.

I'm a bachelor on the weekend of May 12. Anybody want to throw out any other dates?

2:16 AM  
Blogger widespreadpanic said...

I will go to. I think I am going to start posting here too

5:52 AM  
Blogger Tom said...

So it sounds as if we can scratch off May 12th...perhaps if people are seriously interested, we should maybe schedule something around a particular moon phase/tidal signature...to be continued. -tpd

6:38 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

OK...looks like we have big tides on May 5th (several days post-full moon), and then again on the 19th. I am willing to go as soon as several of you solidify your attendance. Z now has a job and he says he will sponsor the whole gig...right, chris? -tpd

6:44 PM  
Blogger ~z said...

I'm up for the 19th, the 12th is a no go for me. Seems the wife frowns on me burning out to the coast to celebrate our anniversary. Tom, let me get a paycheck or two under my belt, how about I buy the bait & you buy the beer...sound fair?

8:04 PM  
Blogger brian said...

I can go fishing on the 19th. Not ideal but ok.

If the weather is remotely nice I will spend the weekend of the 12th on the coast as well.

kasey, post a report!

1:31 PM  
Blogger WOODY said...

Flyin in from Midland Thurs night 17th, Gear coming down with Johnnie fri morning

7:46 PM  
Blogger brian said...

Woody, Bring some of that bourbon!

9:29 PM  
Blogger ~z said...

yes, Yes, YES!!!

1:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will probably take off Friday and arrive Thursday night.

Hardheads and sargassum = bounty of the sea.

I will follow up about May 12th, Brian.

Lookin forward to it, yessir. -tpd

2:18 PM  
Blogger ~z said...

Mmmmmm....bounty.

Steve, you readin any of this? You need this more than anyone! You need this more than any of us need to see you there.

1:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to work in Port Arthur next week. I hope to finish the job early and adhere to my schedule - arrive Thursday night. What time will you guys arrive? -tpdixon

10:10 PM  
Blogger ~z said...

Me & Woody will be in Fri afternoon, prolly 3ish. Have we figured out where there is yet?
~z

1:55 AM  
Blogger brian said...

Kasey and I are headed to gorda this afternoon (friday - may 11). We will post a report.

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My assumption was that "there" is East Matty beachfront somewhere that provides good surf structure and reasonable bay access...I can't provide any finer spatial details than that, however.

Good luck, Kasey and Brian, I am jealous.-tpd

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.bactexas.com
Site
Meter <