Blastin' and Castin' in the Texas Outdoors

We havea lot of good times, the road was a drug when we started way back, our wheels rolled on steady, now its forgetting the race to find an open space and leaving that city far behind We’ll be up in the morning before the sun, since anything beats working on the job and everyone knows the early worm gets the fish. The world is your oyster, let the high times carry the low, walk where the sun is shining, lay your burdens down and think to yourself that it sure feels good feeling good again.


Tuesday, September 27, 2005

.357


Here is the POS without the grips and side plate. The long spring in the handle is listed as the main spring. The spring ends in a bushing. On some models, but not mine, this part is listed as an adjustable bushing. I'm not the most mechanically inclined person but I don't see any way to adjust the tension on this spring.

5 Comments:

Blogger brian said...

Yeah, the pin inside the spring does not have threads and the bushing is not adjustable.

The ammo I shot was Remington and PMC. The rounds that misfired had smaller indentations than the rounds that fired.

The surprising thing to me is that the revolver still has a long, heavy trigger pull. It feels like there should be plenty of force. The spring is under a lot of pressure.

2:23 PM  
Blogger brian said...

It has been a while since I shot but I almost always use double action.

6:52 PM  
Blogger steven-hoffman said...

I would recommend trading it in on something you actually want since you refer to it as the POS anyway.

So long as it cycles OK and isn't too beat up I bet you can get a good value for it. No buyer will be able to tell the firing pin isn't working perfectly without actually shooting it.

12:41 PM  
Blogger steven-hoffman said...

I would never sell a bunk piece of equipment to someone I knew, even if I didn't like them.

That is one reason I am apprehensive about purchasing things at Gunshows, I imagine that there are lots of folks like me with a POS gun they are looking to liquidate.

5:06 PM  
Blogger brian said...

I was going to wait a couple of weeks before I tried to sell it on the bactexas website. I figured you suckas would forget by then.

Seriously. I bought the POS at a gunshow in Bryan years ago. I discovered it didn't work after shooting it a few times. The original problem was fixed under the Taurus lifetime warranty. Now it has a new problem. I will try to get it fixed under warranty and then sell it at another gun show. Maybe Chris can negotiate a price for me.

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.bactexas.com
Site
Meter <