Blastin' and Castin' in the Texas Outdoors

We havea lot of good times, the road was a drug when we started way back, our wheels rolled on steady, now its forgetting the race to find an open space and leaving that city far behind We’ll be up in the morning before the sun, since anything beats working on the job and everyone knows the early worm gets the fish. The world is your oyster, let the high times carry the low, walk where the sun is shining, lay your burdens down and think to yourself that it sure feels good feeling good again.


Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Familiar Setting....Unfamiliar Critter

I don't know the whole story, but does it really matter? Dad shot an elk on our ranch. Having just recently shot a cape buffalo and a sable, I have to say, I'm still VERY jealous.

By the way, for those of you who know the place, look at the quantity of grass where he is. It is normally rock and dirt.



3 Comments:

Blogger ~z said...

WTF...
Any chance that will make the TX books? Tell Maxie he needs to post the story! I can pretty well imagine it though...here is how I see it, check to see how close I am to right.

He was prolly huntin quail and thought "humm, stupid Candy has one of her horses on the property...I think I'll shoot it to piss off Alan and Chris"...
BANG...walk walk walk...or more likely vroom vroom vroom (that’s the Ranger sound)...
"Well I'll be crapped from a cannon (or some similar expression your Dad would use) this horse has horns! I better go get Jimmy"

12:21 PM  
Blogger Watts said...

From the sounds of it, Jimmy was not all that impressed because he had just returned from a paid elk hunt in Colorado where he shot a smaller elk. He didn't even come see it when everyone else did.

6:06 AM  
Blogger steven-hoffman said...

My Goodness, That poor deranged elk was so lost and far from home. Someone had to put it out of it's misery

1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.bactexas.com
Site
Meter <